BA Virtual Museum (BVM): The project aims to allow visitors and researchers to take a virtual, self-guided tour of the BA antiquities museum. It’s a unique insight to the museum where the user of the application gets to explore the antiquities thoroughly and at his/her own pace. The application gives the opportunity for anyone interested in archaeology or history to get all the needed information about the artifacts in the museum. It provides a closer look at the objects from every corner, which is not always accessible in a real life tour.Latest technologies such as 3D scanning are used to ensure a realistic experience down to the tiniest detail.
The application’s features include:
- Manipulating 3D collection objects of the museum
- Changing the direction and color of light sources
- Taking measurements, creating cross-sections and making comparisons between similar artifacts
- Reconstruction of old monuments that has some damaged parts.
- Taking you back in time to the original place where the artifacts were first discovered.
- Translation of ancient inscriptions engraved on the object.
- Providing additional information, images and videos related to the monument.